Illuminate

Creating connection by bringing the community together

Student Project

Social Purpose:

Current Status:

New Idea

Project Team:

Maddi, Jazmin, Noah

Problem Statement

We identified that there is a lack of opportunities for social connection and lack of mental health services within the community. Our opportunity is: how might we incorporate more activities and entertainment within communities to support mental health?


Customer / Problem

1 in 5 people will experience symptoms of mental illness. In Australia alone that’s roughly 5 million people, and out of those 5 million people, only 40% ask for help.That means the remaining 60% of people are silently suffering and fighting their own battles.

Left and right, all around us, people are dealing with their own problems that no one could suspect.


Solution

Our solution is a community festival to create social connection and cohesion where ticket sales from the event are redirected into mental health services.

We will be offering wristbands for $15 per person, allowing an unlimited number of rides for the whole day and providing a range of food stalls.

Performers will pay $20 to perform on the stage to show off their skills.

80% of the profit we make will be donated to the Black Dog Institute - a nonprofit organisation for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of a range of mood disorders and mental health issues, including but not limited to depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders.

The remaining 20% of the profit will be put towards further improving and enhancing the activities and overall success of the festival to make it more enjoyable for people of all ages.



Share this project




Program

Logan City Council Catapult Program

Region


State

Queensland

Comments

Want to leave a comment? Register!