Modify | Making sport more inclusive for kids with autism
Charlotte , Petra , Nat
What is the problem you found?
How might we create more inclusivity for people with autism in sport?
Customer / Problem
We're working with people with autism. Our model customer is Gracie. Gracie is a young teen with autism who wants to play more sport.
Her pains are:
- running around
- not defending the players on the other team
- not being able to socialise
- might not know how to play
- no resources to help her do what she wants
- low muscle tone
- often not involved in games with people without autism
- She'll be able to play the sport she likes in a suitable way
- She'll be able to play sports with other people without autism
What Is Your Solution?
Our solution is a game with modified rules to make it inclusive for Gracie. Modify takes any sport and rewrites the rules in collaboration with key minds in sport and autism. The rules are designed with Gracie at the centre of it. This ensures that her pains are taken into consideration and the rules are adjusted to suit her. We provide training sessions to build Gracie's confidence and assign a personal helper to assist her.