In 2021, Young Change Agents collaborated with the City of Parramatta to create a co-design workshop that would gather insights from young people about their challenges and hopes for the future of their community.
During the workshop, youth participants conducted empathy interviews in pairs and used the insights to ideate solutions to identified issues in their community.
The workshop was also an opportunity for youth to develop their leadership skills and was delivered as part of the 2021 Annual Youth Forum program.
After the workshop, students provided their feedback. When asked about what they learned from the workshop, they responded:
- "Skills on how to create [solutions] to provide to those in our community to benefit them."
- "Learning how to cooperate with the [council] to address problems within the community."
- "The process of [design] thinking and how to structure proposals better."
- "The different reactions and impacts the local council has on the local and wider community."
- "How to successfully identify a problem and solve it."