Farm2Family | Promoting the livelihood of local farmers and providing entry level and disability employment services
Decent Work & Economic Growth
What is the problem you found?
How might we create a marketplace in which farmers can profit from selling directly to the public?
Customer / Problem
There is currently no profitable marketplace within the Hay region that allows farmers to sell their small scale produce directly to the public.
What Is Your Solution?
Our solution is to set up a digital marketplace in which farmers from the Hay region can sell their produce directly to the local community. We aim to do this through the use of an app - Farm2Family. Farm2Family would allow the customer to access a direct-order, courier service that would deliver fresh local produce directly from Hay's regional farms to its families. The benefits of this business venture would be numerous and have a significant positive impact on the members of the Hay community, such as:
- the convenience of a beyond trading hours, door-to-door service,
- the quality assured by paddock to plate knowledge,
- the equity of access provided by direct delivery,
- a sustainable source of employment - not only for Hay's farmers but also for local employees who would work as couriers for the product,
- through our social enterprise, Farm2Family, we would be promoting entry level and disability employment opportunities.